We now have ALL GAMETIMES POSTED for our tournaments this coming weekend, August 27,28.
We wanted teams to know that we have begun accepting team orders for our “Taylor Foster Memorial” Tournament t-shirt. We offer to teams the pre-order option on about all tourney shirts and not many take advantage of it but for our big Fall tourneys we would encourage teams to do so. We will have limited supplies of this shirt at each park. Please get with your team and get together your order so that all those who want a shirt will get one. The shirts will be bagged up by teams and will be at the park you are playing at. Please see the Site Director to pick up your shirts at their table. The shirts are $20 and we have a picture listed below. The tourney date is September 17,18 but for your team to be on the BACK of the shirt you must enter by Monday, September 12 at Noon. The printers will begin to print shirts that afternoon. Please send in your order to email@example.com. We will forward your order to the printer so please have your team name and age on the order.
We now have GAMETIMES posted for our Virginia Showcase to be held at Dinwiddie Sports Complex in Sutherland VA.
We wanted to give teams an update on this upcoming weekend. Our “Virginia Showcase” in Sutherland VA at the Dinwiddie Sports Complex will have their GAMETIMES posted by 7pm tonight. In Appomattox VA we can take 1 more team in 12u and 1 more team in 14u. For our “16u/18u Select” at Burlington NC we can take 1 more team. Our “End of Summer Classic” in Eden NC at the YMCA can take 2 more teams in 1ou. At Summerfield Athletic Park in Summerfield NC we can take 3 more teams for our 12u 1 Day. 14u is FULL at Summerfield. We will take teams up until 11am Tuesday, August 23rd for these events. GAMETIMES will be posted by Noon on Wednesday, August 24th. To enter this weekend please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to announce that we will be holding a tourney in 2017 to benefit the American Heart Association. Our “Have A Heart” tournament will be April 8-9, 2017 in the Greensboro and Eden area. We will have Cardiologists available at each park to answer all your questions and hand out pamphlets. We also will have blood pressure screenings at each park. My sister passed away with a heart attack that could have been prevented if she knew the symptoms for women of a potential heart attack. They are different than in men. We also will donate all the profits from the t-shirt sales to help the “3M Fund”. This has been set up to help Macy, Macon and Molly for their college expenses. I have already received over $500 from teams to begin this fund. It is very touching receiving all the cards signed by the teams. So many came up to me this weekend in Lynchburg to offer words of encouragement and support. I know it’s early but to make sure we have enough fields for this tournament it will be added to website this week and we will begin to add teams as they enter. Thank you again to everyone for helping me thru this. I definitely found out that Got Game Nation “Has A Heart”!
We wanted to get everyone caught up on some of our upcoming tournaments. For this weekend’s tourneys we will take teams up until 7pm tonight. GAMETIMES will be posted by 3pm Wednesday. For our 1 Day in Martinsville VA we can take 2 more teams in 12u. This is a 12u only event there. In Oak Ridge for the 10u age we can take 1 more team for their 1 Day and in 14u at Freedom Park we can take 3 more in 14u. 12u and 16u/18u did not make in NC for their 1 Day Saturday. That is also a 1 Day Saturday. For Peaks View Park in Lynchburg VA we are FULL in all ages. Please email us at email@example.com to enter.
For our August 27-28 weekend our event in Appomattox VA is FULL. We can take 2 more teams for our 16u/18u Showcase at the Dinwiddie Sports Complex in Sutherland VA. We can take 1 more team for our 16u/18u Select tournament in Burlington NC. Our End of Summer Classic in NC can take 5 more teams in 10u (Eden NC), 2 more in 12u for their 1 Day (Summerfield NC) and 14u is FULL (Summerfield NC). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your team would like to enter.
We have only 1 team signed up for our Labor Day weekend 1 Day Saturday set for Carolyn Allen Park in Greensboro NC. We will decide tomorrow whether to keep this date or drop it. We know that is a Holiday weekend but we thought we would at least have a couple ages make. We are asking teams that had been considering playing to please decide by tomorrow and let us know. We will play if we get at least 2 ages to make or 1 age has at least 10 teams entered.
The 1st recipient of Got Game Fastpitch! Taylor Foster Scholarship has been awarded to:
Lauren Elizabeth Rowland.
Lauren’s area of study will be Physical Education while attending Radford University.
She has participated in school ball receiving many awards
Honorable Mention All District Softball at large, Second Team All Conference Outfield, Second Team All Conference Pitcher, Second Team All Conference Utility Player
Lauren played Travel Ball with Aftershock for 4 years and her current team is Blue Ridge Sudden Impact.
We now have the REGISTRATION set up for our 2017 Florida State Softball Camp 7. The camp will take place on Monday and Tuesday, July 10-11, 2017. The 10u and under portion of the camp will be on Monday, July 11 at 6pm. Check in will begin at 5:15pm. This camp will cost $50 and LIMITED to 50 players. The 12u and up portion of the camp will be over 2 days. You can sign up for both days ($150) or choose Monday or Tuesday ($100). This camp will be LIMITED to 150 players. To sign up for the camp please go to gotgamefastpitch.myonlinecamp.com.
Here are some items we went over at our NC and VA Coaches Meetings during January and February. I wanted everyone to be updated before we begin our 2016 Tournament Schedule this weekend.
– Teams must turn in ROSTERS BEFORE your 1st GAME, whether that is a Warmup or Pool game. IF you have any players who may only be available on Sunday, they MUST be on the ROSTER when you turn it in. You will not be allowed to add players once you turn in roster.
– ASA Roster form is available on our website, www.gotgamefastpitch.com and go to the header ASA LINKS. Please go to the FILLABLE ASA Roster Form and type in player info and save/print. ONLY PRINTED ASA ROSTER FORMS will be accepted at our NC ASA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 10u, 12u, and 14u for June 10-12. I will accept hand written forms in other events but I encourage teams to please use the fillable form and save/print and use that to turn in to directors.
– Teams must pay Entry Fee by Noon on Saturdays. Many times last season my Site Directors are calling me so that I can contact teams that haven’t paid and it is late on Saturdays. I encourage my Directors to collect fees by Noon on Saturdays and get those fees placed in their vehicles or turned in to the Gate worker. Please help me with this issue this season.
– One question that comes up often is do I need to turn in a roster each weekend even though my roster hasn’t changed? Answer is YES. I need a ROSTER turned in each weekend for Insurance Purposes.
– Each team is allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper to be allowed into the tournaments. As you know I give my gate staff a Coaches Sign in sheet and they ask you for your Initials. Many times last season we had the Head Coach come to sign in and the 4 spots have already been taken. PLEASE designate to your team before each event who your 4 will be.
– Each team is also only allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper in team dugout. This is just a reminder as we had no issues with this last season. I made a point to teams about this issue at last years Coaches meetings and teams really helped us with this last season.
– Our daily Gate Fees for 2016 will be: $6 Adults, $3 Seniors. 12 and under FREE. Some events in VA there will be no Gate Fees. Those are designated on our Website under the Spring/Fall Who’s Playing section of our website.
– During Warmup/Pool play I will again allow FREE DEFENSIVE SUBSTITUTIONS. This doesn’t apply to ASA Championship Play, which for us this season will only be June 10-12 during our NC ASA State Championship in 10u, 12u and 14u.
– To eliminate any confusion, this season I will replace Blue/Green/White brackets with Gold/Silver/Bronze. This has been a request from many coaches/parents. Since I do not allow teams to sign up as an A or B team, the only way to be fair to many teams is to split into separate Brackets after Pool play. I usually do not split unti we get over 12 teams in an age but the younger ages will many times be split at lower number.
-I wanted to let our NC 10u, 12u and 14u teams know that they do NOT have to purchase the Individual Player Insurance cards for our State Tournament set for June 10-12. IF your team qualifies for further ASA Championship Play or play in Regional Qualifiers then you MUST have the Individual Player Cards. You can find that information at www.registerasa.com or you can contact me if you have any questions.
– Sanction fees for 2016 will be $3o for NC ASA and $25 for Got Game Fastpitch. IF you will not play with us in NC you will only be required to pay the Got Game sanction. Once you sanction ASA whether in NC or Virginia, you are sanctioned for all states. IF you purchase the Individual Players Cards thru ASA Bolinger Insurance your sanction fee is covered in that and your State Commissioner will send you your packet. Otherwise, if you sanction NC ASA at your 1st event with us in NC, we will give you the 2016 ASA Rulebook and Scorebook.
– One question that I have received many time during the off season is can Virginia teams play in our NC ASA State Tournament. The answer is NO. ONLY NC based teams are eligible. You can sign up for your Virginia ASA State Tournament by emailing John McPhail at email@example.com or by going to www.vaasasoftball.org. The Virginia ASA State tournament in ALL ages is set for June 17-19 in the Roanoke Valley.
– We still have a few spots available for our Florida State University Softball Camp. It is set for July 11,12 at Springwood Park in Burlington NC. 12u and up can either participate 1 day for $100 or both days for $150. Our 10u will have their camp on Monday, July 11 from 6pm to 8:30pm. 10u camp is $50. ALL Players will receive a camp t-shirt. You can sign up for this camp at www.gotgamefastpitch.myonlinecamp.com. Coach Lonni is planning on bringing several current and former FSU Players including Jessica Burroughs, Lacey Waldrop, Maddie O’Brien and Macey Cheatham. She also will be adding more head coaches from other college programs as we get nearer the time of the camp. Our Preferred Hotel for this event is the Ramada Convention Center in Burlington NC and that hotel info is listed under HOTELS on our website.
– Please contact me if you have any questions on any of these topics. You can contact me at 910.690.3556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing the teams back on the Diamond in 2016.
We have made our August 27, 28 date at Dinwiddie Sports Complex in Sutherland Virginia a SHOWCASE (16u and 18u) event. I have listed all the information concerning this event on our Spring/Fall Who’s Playing section of the website. I can take a MAX of 12 teams for this 5 Game Guarantee Showcase. Teams will play 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. ALL players will receive a Tournament shirt and ALL gate fees are included in the Entry fee. We will do our best to make sure we have college coaches in attendance BUT I remind teams/parents that the task of making sure the colleges your daughter/player is interested in and showing up belongs to you. Contacting coaches by letters and emails are preferred method to let them know your daughter/player is interested in their school. Dinwiddie Sports Complex is a beautiful park that is right off Highway 460 in Sutherland. Got Game is the 1st Travel Organization to be allowed to host events at this facility. We are honored they chose us and we hope to fill up both dates (10u and 12u will be at this park July 30, 31) Please let me kn0w if your team would like to play by emailing me at email@example.com. This is a PRE-PAY event. Entry fee and team t-shirt sizes are due by August 15. ALL information is on Spring/Fall section of website.