Here are some items we went over at our NC and VA Coaches Meetings during January and February. I wanted everyone to be updated before we begin our 2016 Tournament Schedule this weekend.
– Teams must turn in ROSTERS BEFORE your 1st GAME, whether that is a Warmup or Pool game. IF you have any players who may only be available on Sunday, they MUST be on the ROSTER when you turn it in. You will not be allowed to add players once you turn in roster.
– ASA Roster form is available on our website, www.gotgamefastpitch.com and go to the header ASA LINKS. Please go to the FILLABLE ASA Roster Form and type in player info and save/print. ONLY PRINTED ASA ROSTER FORMS will be accepted at our NC ASA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 10u, 12u, and 14u for June 10-12. I will accept hand written forms in other events but I encourage teams to please use the fillable form and save/print and use that to turn in to directors.
– Teams must pay Entry Fee by Noon on Saturdays. Many times last season my Site Directors are calling me so that I can contact teams that haven’t paid and it is late on Saturdays. I encourage my Directors to collect fees by Noon on Saturdays and get those fees placed in their vehicles or turned in to the Gate worker. Please help me with this issue this season.
– One question that comes up often is do I need to turn in a roster each weekend even though my roster hasn’t changed? Answer is YES. I need a ROSTER turned in each weekend for Insurance Purposes.
-Each player is allowed to TEMPORARY PLAY 3 times during Summer (June,July,August). Other months are OPEN Rosters. TEMPORARY Release forms are on website. This does not apply to our 2016 NC ASA State Championship for 10u, 12u and 14u on June 10-12.
– Each team is allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper to be allowed into the tournaments. As you know I give my gate staff a Coaches Sign in sheet and they ask you for your Initials. Many times last season we had the Head Coach come to sign in and the 4 spots have already been taken. PLEASE designate to your team before each event who your 4 will be.
– Each team is also only allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper in team dugout. This is just a reminder as we had no issues with this last season. I made a point to teams about this issue at last years Coaches meetings and teams really helped us with this last season.
– Our daily Gate Fees for 2016 will be: $6 Adults, $3 Seniors. 12 and under FREE. Some events in VA there will be no Gate Fees. Those are designated on our Website under the Spring/Fall Who’s Playing section of our website.
– During Warmup/Pool play I will again allow FREE DEFENSIVE SUBSTITUTIONS. This doesn’t apply to ASA Championship Play, which for us this season will only be June 10-12 during our NC ASA State Championship in 10u, 12u and 14u.
– To eliminate any confusion, this season I will replace Blue/Green/White brackets with Gold/Silver/Bronze. This has been a request from many coaches/parents. Since I do not allow teams to sign up as an A or B team, the only way to be fair to many teams is to split into separate Brackets after Pool play. I usually do not split unti we get over 12 teams in an age but the younger ages will many times be split at lower number.
-I wanted to let our NC 10u, 12u and 14u teams know that they do NOT have to purchase the Individual Player Insurance cards for our State Tournament set for June 10-12. IF your team qualifies for further ASA Championship Play or play in Regional Qualifiers then you MUST have the Individual Player Cards. You can find that information at www.registerasa.com or you can contact me if you have any questions.
– Sanction fees for 2016 will be $3o for NC ASA and $25 for Got Game Fastpitch. IF you will not play with us in NC you will only be required to pay the Got Game sanction. Once you sanction ASA whether in NC or Virginia, you are sanctioned for all states. IF you purchase the Individual Players Cards thru ASA Bolinger Insurance your sanction fee is covered in that and your State Commissioner will send you your packet. Otherwise, if you sanction NC ASA at your 1st event with us in NC, we will give you the 2016 ASA Rulebook and Scorebook.
– One question that I have received many time during the off season is can Virginia teams play in our NC ASA State Tournament. The answer is NO. ONLY NC based teams are eligible. You can sign up for your Virginia ASA State Tournament by emailing John McPhail at email@example.com or by going to www.vaasasoftball.org. The Virginia ASA State tournament in ALL ages is set for June 17-19 in the Roanoke Valley.
– We still have a few spots available for our Florida State University Softball Camp. It is set for July 11,12 at Springwood Park in Burlington NC. 12u and up can either participate 1 day for $100 or both days for $150. Our 10u will have their camp on Monday, July 11 from 6pm to 8:30pm. 10u camp is $50. ALL Players will receive a camp t-shirt. You can sign up for this camp at www.gotgamefastpitch.myonlinecamp.com. Coach Lonni is planning on bringing several current and former FSU Players including Jessica Burroughs, Lacey Waldrop, Maddie O’Brien and Macey Cheatham. She also will be adding more head coaches from other college programs as we get nearer the time of the camp. Our Preferred Hotel for this event is the Ramada Convention Center in Burlington NC and that hotel info is listed under HOTELS on our website.
– Please contact me if you have any questions on any of these topics. You can contact me at 910.690.3556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing the teams back on the Diamond in 2016.