We now have NEW GAMETIMES POSTED for the 16u/18u age group at Summerfield NC. ALL 16u/18u teams playing please review the UPDATED times. Thanks.
We just had a 16u18u team drop from this weekend in Summerfield. We remind teams that there is a $100 Fine IF your team drops AFTER GAMETIMES are posted. This drop will cause us to drop 1 field there Sunday and cut 2 umpires. At this point it is too late for them to find work with another organization. I think you all know my feelings on dropping after times are posted. All the printing booking etc is done at this point and I must go back and redo it all. I am on the road so it will be around 10pm tonight before I have website Gametimes updated. I am considering have every team make a $100 deposit for every tourney you enter next season by the Monday before the tourney. All HS teams playing at Summerfield please check website late tonight or 1st thing in morning. Thanks Tim
We had a 12u team drop tonight for our 1 Day, October 22 at Burlington NC. We now have UPDATED GAMETIMES posted. ALL 12u teams playing in this event please review the UPDATED times.
We now have GAMETIMES posted for our 1 Day, October 22 12u tourney at Springwood Park in Burlington NC. We need ALL teams to VERIFY to us that they have received their times. Please email us at email@example.com to VERIFY.
We now have GAMETIMES for our 1 Day “Paint It Pink Covington” set for October 22 in Covington VA and for our “Monsterjam 4” tourney set for Eden NC, Summerfield NC and Greensboro NC on October 22,23 POSTED to website. We will have our GAMETIMES for our “Paint it Pink NC” 1 Day in Burlington NC October 22 posted to website tomorrow afternoon. We are still taking 12u teams for that tourney at Springwood Park. We need ALL teams to VERIFY to us that they have received their times by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 910.690.3556. IF your 12u team would like to enter for this Saturday in Burlington NC please do so by 11am tomorrow, Wednesday October 19.
We will begin to offer our 2017 Pre-Paid Tournament Packages tomorrow, Wednesday, September 28th. As with years in the past, we will only have a limited supply available. Each 5 Pre-paid tournament card packages are $1200. Each card will be VALID for 2017 and 2018. Cards are good up to $300 for 2 Day, 4 Game Guarantee tourneys. ANY tourney over $300 or a 5 Game Guarantee event, teams will owe any amount over $300. The ONLY way to purchase these packages are by emailing us at email@example.com. We will limit teams to a MAXIMUM of 2 packages. The DEADLINE to purchase a package(s) will be Friday, October 27th. Packages are NOT TRANSFERABLE to another team or organization. We will save a limited supply for 16u/18u teams to purchase next Spring.
The 1st recipient of Got Game Fastpitch! Taylor Foster Scholarship has been awarded to:
Lauren Elizabeth Rowland.
Lauren’s area of study will be Physical Education while attending Radford University.
She has participated in school ball receiving many awards
Honorable Mention All District Softball at large, Second Team All Conference Outfield, Second Team All Conference Pitcher, Second Team All Conference Utility Player
Lauren played Travel Ball with Aftershock for 4 years and her current team is Blue Ridge Sudden Impact.
We now have the REGISTRATION set up for our 2017 Florida State Softball Camp 7. The camp will take place on Monday and Tuesday, July 10-11, 2017. The 10u and under portion of the camp will be on Monday, July 11 at 6pm. Check in will begin at 5:15pm. This camp will cost $50 and LIMITED to 50 players. The 12u and up portion of the camp will be over 2 days. You can sign up for both days ($150) or choose Monday or Tuesday ($100). This camp will be LIMITED to 150 players. To sign up for the camp please go to gotgamefastpitch.myonlinecamp.com.
Here are some items we went over at our NC and VA Coaches Meetings during January and February. I wanted everyone to be updated before we begin our 2016 Tournament Schedule this weekend.
– Teams must turn in ROSTERS BEFORE your 1st GAME, whether that is a Warmup or Pool game. IF you have any players who may only be available on Sunday, they MUST be on the ROSTER when you turn it in. You will not be allowed to add players once you turn in roster.
– ASA Roster form is available on our website, www.gotgamefastpitch.com and go to the header ASA LINKS. Please go to the FILLABLE ASA Roster Form and type in player info and save/print. ONLY PRINTED ASA ROSTER FORMS will be accepted at our NC ASA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 10u, 12u, and 14u for June 10-12. I will accept hand written forms in other events but I encourage teams to please use the fillable form and save/print and use that to turn in to directors.
– Teams must pay Entry Fee by Noon on Saturdays. Many times last season my Site Directors are calling me so that I can contact teams that haven’t paid and it is late on Saturdays. I encourage my Directors to collect fees by Noon on Saturdays and get those turned in. Please help me with this issue this season.
– One question that comes up often is do I need to turn in a roster each weekend even though my roster hasn’t changed? Answer is YES. I need a ROSTER turned in each weekend for Insurance Purposes.
– Each team is allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper to be allowed into the tournaments. As you know I give my gate staff a Coaches Sign in sheet and they ask you for your Initials. Many times last season we had the Head Coach come to sign in and the 4 spots have already been taken. PLEASE designate to your team before each event who your 4 will be.
– Each team is also only allowed 4 Coaches/Scorekeeper in team dugout. This is just a reminder as we had no issues with this last season. I made a point to teams about this issue at last years Coaches meetings and teams really helped us with this last season.
– Our daily Gate Fees for 2016 will be: $6 Adults, $3 Seniors. 12 and under FREE. Some events in VA there will be no Gate Fees. Those are designated on our Website under the Spring/Fall Who’s Playing section of our website.
– During Warmup/Pool play I will again allow FREE DEFENSIVE SUBSTITUTIONS. This doesn’t apply to ASA Championship Play, which for us this season will only be June 10-12 during our NC ASA State Championship in 10u, 12u and 14u.
– To eliminate any confusion, this season I will replace Blue/Green/White brackets with Gold/Silver/Bronze. This has been a request from many coaches/parents. Since I do not allow teams to sign up as an A or B team, the only way to be fair to many teams is to split into separate Brackets after Pool play. I usually do not split unti we get over 12 teams in an age but the younger ages will many times be split at lower number.
-I wanted to let our NC 10u, 12u and 14u teams know that they do NOT have to purchase the Individual Player Insurance cards for our State Tournament set for June 10-12. IF your team qualifies for further ASA Championship Play or play in Regional Qualifiers then you MUST have the Individual Player Cards. You can find that information at www.registerasa.com or you can contact me if you have any questions.
– Sanction fees for 2016 will be $3o for NC ASA and $25 for Got Game Fastpitch. IF you will not play with us in NC you will only be required to pay the Got Game sanction. Once you sanction ASA whether in NC or Virginia, you are sanctioned for all states. IF you purchase the Individual Players Cards thru ASA Bolinger Insurance your sanction fee is covered in that and your State Commissioner will send you your packet. Otherwise, if you sanction NC ASA at your 1st event with us in NC, we will give you the 2016 ASA Rulebook and Scorebook.
– One question that I have received many time during the off season is can Virginia teams play in our NC ASA State Tournament. The answer is NO. ONLY NC based teams are eligible. You can sign up for your Virginia ASA State Tournament by emailing John McPhail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.vaasasoftball.org. The Virginia ASA State tournament in ALL ages is set for June 17-19 in the Roanoke Valley.
– We still have a few spots available for our Florida State University Softball Camp. It is set for July 11,12 at Springwood Park in Burlington NC. 12u and up can either participate 1 day for $100 or both days for $150. Our 10u will have their camp on Monday, July 11 from 6pm to 8:30pm. 10u camp is $50. ALL Players will receive a camp t-shirt. You can sign up for this camp at www.gotgamefastpitch.myonlinecamp.com. Coach Lonni is planning on bringing several current and former FSU Players including Jessica Burroughs, Lacey Waldrop, Maddie O’Brien and Macey Cheatham. She also will be adding more head coaches from other college programs as we get nearer the time of the camp. Our Preferred Hotel for this event is the Ramada Convention Center in Burlington NC and that hotel info is listed under HOTELS on our website.
– Please contact me if you have any questions on any of these topics. You can contact me at 910.690.3556 or at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing the teams back on the Diamond in 2016.